They are a great tool that genuinely offers the potential (if managed well) to deal with cumulative impacts and look for both development and conservation outcomes at a landscape scale.
Having developed the Commonwealth’s Guide to undertaking strategic assessments and managed and assisted with a number of these processes across Australia, our capacity in this area is second to none.
- Insight into the strategic assessment process
- High level advice about how and when to engage in strategic assessments
- Strategies to integrate Commonwealth and state processes
- Understanding of the planning, policy, governance and implementation issues that need to be addressed through the process
- Preparation of strategic assessment documentation
- Assistance with the relationship with regulators and stakeholders
- The ability to both project manage approval processes or work strategically with established teams of consultants